The Application.

I hadn't really been actively looking for a job, I was merely watching what was going on in the market. I hadn't applied for anything and there was nothing that really shouted out at me.

In reality, I had never been on the open market looking for a career change or a new job etc. so no idea what was involved or what the interviews or processes were like.

Then one day I received an email from a recruiter that was looking to fill a position in Qatar. It was the 1st July 2013. 

Now, I still don't know what exactly it was that made me sit up and go "ok, it is time to stick a toe in the water.", but that is exactly what I did.

I replied back to the recruiter, then engaged in some conversation, obtained the candidate brief and wrote up a new CV with all the changes over the 10+ years and a cover letter to fit the role. 

At this stage I still felt that this was just a test of the market, to get a feel of how things were being done. Remember, this was all new to me!

The first confusion started on the 23rd July 2013 when I had another email from an internal recruiter who was directly representing the client, and yes, they were looking for the same role to be filled.

Anyway, it is now 26th July 2013 and I had just sent my application to the recruiter #1.

Some further communication over the following days with internal recruiter (#2) and they were to check the application had been received, if not they would pick this up directly and to send my application to them as well.

Got a feeling that there was some sort of 'recruiter politics' involved, but hey ho, nothing to do with me and as long as the application ended up in the right hands I was happy!

It was now approaching the end of August 2013 and the trail went cold and quiet. Apparently, there was some internal re-organisation going on and the recruitment was on hold.

In the meantime, I just kept watching the market and reviewing all the various connection requests and emails as the industry was very much alive. Singapore, New Zealand, Brazil....almost daily there is something dropping in the box.

.
.
.
.
and winter arrives
.
.
.
.
.



Comments

Popular Posts